Friday, May 4, 2012

It's Very French Pictures

 The ceiling in one of the many rooms inside the Louvre.
 Me in the Louvre. I always feel weird when I turn my camera around and people see me doing this.
 The best picture of the Mona Lisa I could get. I did get to see her straight on, but no good place to take a picture from.
 I love these paintings. I had no idea they were in the Louvre.
One thing I've learned about art, while travelling, is that nothing is an accident in the paintings. If you look at this picture, everyone is looking at the baby Jesus. Jesus is looking out. He's looking at everyone. Always watching. That's the whole point. It's so cool I learned some of this stuff in Italy and I got to apply it here!!!
I don't know why this came through twice. And I can't figure out how to delete it.
Just another structure on the ceiling. What kills me is how the building that display art, are as much a piece of art themselves.

5 comments:

  1. I agree... just going into one of those building IS art! I LOVE seeing stuff like that! Awesome pics, Steph!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a ton of museums here! Definately no shortage if you want to look at cool buildings on top of cool art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love all the beautiful pictures! I can't wait to see all of them when you get home!
    Love
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of the stuff here in incredible -- the pictures don't even do it justice.

    ReplyDelete