Thursday, May 10, 2012

Fish and Chips

Top of the mornin' to you! (It's still morning where you're at so I can get away with this).

So today, I didn't do a whole bunch because tomorrow I'm meeting somebody who's local. His name is Derek and he's a friend of a friend and we're going to go around the city. I'm really looking forward to that.

What I did do today was go out with the intention of finding a nice pub to get some food from. I walked down Fleet Street and just sort of kept my options open. It's really not hard to find a pub in Ireland. About every building is a pub of some sort. But nothing really caught my eye so I kept walking.

Eventually, I came upon this place called Fitzsimon's. It looked good, so I went on in. It was fairly quiet for lunch time, but that's alright. I got a nice little table by a window, where I would be able to eat my lunch and read my book.

The lady came over and took my order of, that's right, Fish and Chips. I have to say, it was pretty darn tasty -- maybe not as good as home, but then, nothing is ever quite like home cooking.

Afterward, I just sort of rambled around the streets. It was raining today, so I didn't really get a bunch of photos, but since I'm doing more tomorrow, I'll go picture crazy there.

My plans have changed just a bit. I'm staying in Dublin until Tuesday morning and catching a flight from here to Liverpool. I'm staying in Liverpool for 3 nights then finishing my journey in London. It feels weird to be this close to the end. I know I have just over two weeks to go, but as the time has gone on, there's less and less journey to go towards. I have to say though, I am looking forward to coming home. As fun as travelling is, in the words of Dorothy, "there is no place like home."
I wish everyone a great day!! As always, love and miss!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Steph! We can't wait to have you home either. I know it's wonderful that you've had and continue to have this adventure but you are so correct, there is no place like home. Some people never do realize what they have right in front of them. Keep in touch!
    Love, Fafa

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been really good to go out and get some perspective. It's made me realize a lot and think about a lot of things. Especially how much I love being home. I can't wait to see everyone!

    I'm so glad I can stay in touch with everyone while I'm away. It makes it a lot less lonely over here -- and it's felt very alone a couple times. But I've had this connection and it's great!

    ReplyDelete