Thursday, May 17, 2012

'Is there anybody going to listen to my story..."

Alright, so day two in Liverpool:

I work up around 9:00 today which isn't horrible, but I took my time getting ready, not particularly sure what I wanted to do today. I did know that I was going to walk to the train station again to see if I could pull my duffel there tomorrow and save the cost a cab. Yeah right. Taxi it is. Without the duffel is no big deal, but I can't drag it that far. Having a plan for tomorrow, I changed direction.

I did want to go and investigate St. James Park that I saw yesterday behind the Liverpool Cathedral. So I walked there and explored it a bit. It's the huge park that's GREEN! If I were Kermit the Frog I'd be invisible in there. It was beautiful. It was actually lined with tomb stone markers all through the park. They weren't all graves, in fact most of them weren't, but they were there in remembrance to those who've died in the city of Liverpool. I actually found it a bit comforting to be there. It smelled nice and earthy, the birds were out, it rained last night so everything was still dripping with water, and since the sun was out, it was making everything shine in the garden. I just plopped down on a broken stone and read my book for a little more than hour. It was nice and relaxing.

I found that I was glad I had my time in the park. I don't know why, but I was feeling cranky with everything today. I've been scared, upset, homesick, happy, amazed, and a whole bunch of other things but today I found that everyone around seemed to irritate me so I was glad to find the garden empty. And it was a huge garden so there was no one who could have come through to bother me.

I was only out for a few hours today, but I felt like that was enough so I headed back to the hostel and took a couple hour nap. I don't know that I was tired and that's why I was feeling cranky, but I feel better now that I'm up, and I'm really really excited to go to London tomorrow! I know where my hostel is, the train is only a couple hours, and I'm hoping beyond hope to not repeat Rome and make my train by 30 seconds.

Well, good homies, have a fabulous night! I know a good bunch of you are getting together and drinking so drive responsibly! (at least some of you have children (who have licenses) that are now home for the summer so you have a sober cab -- use them!). Love you tons and I can't wait to see you in a week! Wow - one week! It seems unreal! The next time I'll write you will be from London!

5 comments:

  1. Yay, Steph! Sounds like you got out and about and enjoyed the day. Glad you caught up on some sleep, too.

    I'm excited for you for London. Hope your travels go well and you enjoy the trip to London. Joey from Friends, "LONDON, BABY!!"

    Stay safe! Fun travels!!
    Love, Amis

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds so peaceful and relaxing. I can't wait to hear all about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had several nice parks that have been great to sort of escape the hustle and bustle of too many people. I find that it calms my nerves a bit. Can't wait to see everyone and share all the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to hear how your London trek went. Be safe & have fun!
    Love,
    Fafa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always safe! Thanks for the all the goood thoughts! It's great to have over here! Love you always!

      Delete