Monday, May 14, 2012

The Cliffs of Mohr. . .and More Pictures

 This is on the farm. The hills in the background are covered in rocks. It's hard to see, but there's actually a lot of land up there. The stone walls are made of nothing but stone. No cement or glue. The largest stones are on the bottom and the smaller ones on top. The weight of them and the fact they wedge themselves into little cracks keeps them from falling. These walls have been around for over 100 years.
 Me on the farm. It was super windy! Fortunately the camping jacket I bought was windproof. I was a little worried since it's sort of thin, but I could put a couple sticks under it and use it as a tent. Never felt the wind cut through. I was super happy!
 The lanscape. The pictures don't even do the colors justice.
 The Cliffs of Mohr. What a view.
Me at the cliffs. That's about as close as I got to edge. And it does drop off right behind where I was standing. My hood is up because of the wind being so cold and managing to pull my hair out of my ponytails. I couldn't keep it contained.
 A different part of the cliffs.
Me and the ocean and some of the cliffs...it was really windy. I wasnt even sure if I had managed to get a photo.
 A part of the ocean the bus driver pulled over by so we could take pictures.
Me and ocean.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful stuff! When I went to Europe, I had a vendetta against tours for some reason, but then I went on one and I thought it was amazing! Tours are definitely great things!

    How cool that you got to see this family farm! The pictures look beautiful.

    Sorry it was so windy...for that reason, I forgive you for not dangling your feet over the edge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been on several tours and have really liked them. I don't know why this one made me a bit sad, but being able to see everything was definately worth it.

    The farm was amazing! I totally wish we could have had a whole day there. The guys were so entertaining!

    I knew it would be windy -- it's always windy on near the ocean, but I knew if I sat on the ledge the wind would push me over. I'd have gotten some exclusive photos, but wouldn't have been able to share them with any one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally would have loved to have gotten my umbrella out here, but there is no way it would have survived. I barely survived :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...And I forgive you for jumping the "do not cross" signs because you didn't dangle your feet over the edge! :-)

    Brian: I'm STILL mad at YOU, dude!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete