Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A Bit of an Introduction

Hi Everyone! Ok, right now nothing new about Paris, but it just occurred to me that comments keep popping up and you all see everyone, and might not be entirely sure who everyone is, but you know they have a connection to me somehow, so I thought I might just go through a few introductions and explain who the people are and what they mean to me. That and I feel like you all are as much a part of this trip as me. I would not be having the same experience without the connection I have to all of you.

Ok, when you see Brian, he is the one who gave me a lot of insight into this trip because he did the same thing a couple years ago for about 3 months...Brian is really the reason I'm doing this. I don't think I'd have travelled this way in 100 years if I hadn't had the confidence and advice he's given me. Brian, I thank you!!! Your support and relating to me on a lot of what I've been feeling over here is worth more than I can ever repay to you.

When you see Tess, that's Brian's mom (my mom and Tess are friends and use to work together). Tess has been the energy spurring me on, especially since her son did the same thing. Always optimistic about my travels and constant encouragement. Tess, you have been my lighthouse on the night sea of travelling, so thank you too! I can't wait to come back and sit on your deck and show you all the pictures!

I'm going to have to do some lumping here because if I went through everyone, we'd be here till next year:

When you see Jack, he is a very wise friend of mine that I work with. Full of life experience Jack gives me some of the best wisdom and encouragement, and a good joke to go with it. My life would not be as bright without him. For ever and eternal, thank you Jack.

When you see Kiwi/Carrie (Aunt), Jenny/Fafa (Aunt), Amis/Amy (Aunt), they are all of my mom's sisters. All of these fabulous women have given me nothing but love and support and advice, all from a bit of a different point of view, but all so important. I could not being doing this trip if I didn't know they were behind me. You are all amazing and I don't know if I ever say it enough, but I love you!

When you see Linda and Renee, these are a couple of mom's friends and they have been in my life for a really long time. Two great pillars in my life that help to make sure I stay on the right path in every part of my life. You ladies mean a lot and I can't imagine any life without you.

When you see Adam/Crystal, these are my brother and sister. Always there for me, always excited and happy and mad for me, and always there to keep me in check, the bonds between me and my siblings are endless. There is no life without you two, so you're stuck with me for a very long time. I love you both so much.

When you see Tina, she is for all intents and purposes, my mom. I don't know how many people are lucky enough to have two moms, but somehow, I am. Tina is my mentor and guide and advice guru. If I'm ever truly uncertain in life, I know Tina is there for me no matter how bad or good. Tina, you are there for me at every step and I keep you in my heart everyday.

When you see Tammy, that is of course, my mom.  My everything. My leader, my support, my guide, everything. Mom, I don't know how you've really dealt with me all these years, but thank you. I know you'll be there through all the good and bad, which is not something every mom does. I hope to be a mom like you some day. I love you.

Alright, I know I haven't listed everyone, but I hope I've covered enough area, so everyone doesn't feel so "Oh, who's that? They know Steph, good enough." You are all so important to me and in so many ways. Everyone kept telling me how brave I was to do this trip by myself, but I'm really not. And I could not have done this without every single one of you behind me. Thank you.

6 comments:

  1. Okay dammit, you made all 4 of us cry right now (Linda, Tina, Tammy and Rene).....you WILL pay on your return.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't she sweet?? I know you ladies are sitting around eating "french" food and drinking spirits...hope you're having fun!!

    Steph...thanks for the introductions! I hope you're feeling better and enjoying Paris more now that you don't have to worry about travel for a few days! Can't wait for another update. I hope you're having sweet dreams and wake up to meet more amazing people and have more amazing experiences! Love you! Amis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so I had to leave the Blog and Booze party early and didn't get to do the "Blog" part with everyone, but I'm sitting here crying too. I've said it before, I'll say it again, thank you so much for sharing your trip with us through this blog!

    Thanks for the introductions! I was wondering who Amis was and if that was her real name! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I mean it though - without any single one of you and everything you give me, I could not be making it through this trip! You are all so awesome and I am thrilled to be sharing this trip with everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well hello everyone!

    Steph, thanks for the nice words. I'm loving this blog.

    ReplyDelete