Sunday, June 3, 2012

Home

Hello everyone from right here in La Crescent MM! I realize, not nearly as exciting as the previous month, but home is home.

Wow! How strange it is to be home again. It's weird because I've been going through all my pictures with Mom and I look at the pictures of myself in front of all these places, and I know I was there, remember being there and taking the pictures, but it doesn't feel real. The whole 5 weeks in retrospect seems like it was only 5 days and a long time ago. However, only 2 weeks ago today I was in London. Actually 9 days ago I was in London. The complete familiarity of home seems to wipe out the whole trip. I just set my life aside for 5 weeks, and since not a ton changed while I was gone, I was able to just pick it back up when I got home. It's like this weird time travel thing I've got going on.

Anyway, this first week back home has been busy. Immediately Saturday morning we got up and went to Eau Claire to meet Crystal's future in-laws, we were there for the day, Sunday I came home and did some unpacking, then Monday it was right back to work (I have to say, that was something I did not miss).

I do have to work this afternoon, but I thought it was time to wrap up this blog and say "Farewell" to you all, since you have been so amazing keeping up with me the past month.

I have some photos I'm going to post, but there is a bit of a story behind the photos. When my friend Brain gave me all his knowledge about travelling from when he took his trip, he had a kite that he flew in each city he was in and took a picture of it. Well, I thought this was super cool and wanted to do something similar. So, if you noticed in some of the pictures I put up for each city, I had a red umbrella there. I know I told some people about the umbrella before, but for those of you who did not know, the umbrella was just a fun little project I had going. Besides be travelling, my red umbrella travelled as well. And I copied Brian again, because he's cool and has really good ideas, I drew a little picture on the umbrella representing the city and wrote the name of the city next to the pictures.

I will warn you, some of the drawings are not most attractive (a combination of drawing on umbrella canvas and not having an eraser for permanent marker) but it was fun regardless.

I want to thank-you all again for being so supportive and wonderful through this entire trip/blog! Especially through the times when I was having a difficult time. Just knowing there were people out there rooting for me got me through every difficult second.

I have no idea if there will be a "Lost On Purpose II" or not, but I'm certainly hoping so. I already know where I would like to go next, so I suppose that's a good start.

I love you all!!! Thanks again and now I bid you, Addio, Adieu, Slán, Farewell.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're home, and so glad that it was such a wonderful trip for you! It was great that you shared your experience with all of us through your blog. You handled this trip beautifully and with strength. You were simply awesome! Welcome Home, Steph!

    ReplyDelete